Sunday, December 12, 2010

Dear Revlon Colorstay, You gone and took my colour away!

As a self confessed lipstick junkie, I could not even begin to tell you how many units of lip product that I have in my possession. My favourite colour? Bright, 1940's glam red. Believe me, I've tried 'em all and for years my number one was Revlon Colorstay in Frankly Scarlet. Everyone, and I mean everyone from snooty department store sales ladies to UPS delivery men would comment on my amazing red lips. A great shade of red is hard to find, but us ladies who wear red lipstick know that precise application is also key. You don't want smudging, creasy edges or fading in the middle. It needs to be 100% perfect. And this stuff is--or WAS until they discontinued the colour!
Revlon Colourstay has more lasting power than any other brand out there no matter what you pay. For about $14 CAD it even beats out MAC's Pro Longwear Lipcolour that is almost double the price.

What I love about Revlon's long lasting brand is that it stays put, has great clear colour and I can get through at least 6 hours of my shift at work (including a few snacks and lunch) with my lips still looking picture perfect. Other brands tend to get goopy and leave an unsightly white buildup of moisturizing ingredients at the inside of your lips. The whole point of wearing stay on lip colour is so that I don't have to check the mirror 10 times an hour to make sure I still look good.

I usually wear Frankly Scarlet in winter, as it looks fab on pale skin next to a black turtleneck, In warmer months, I prefer the more luminous, beachy colour of Constantly Coral. Imagine my dismay when fall came and my shade had been discontinued!

Why, Relvon, Why? This was my standby little beauty secret: kiss-proof, food-proof, smudge-proof perfection. The ideal colour, the perfect wear time and my most cherished product. PLEASE BRING BACK MY PERFECT RED LIPS!!!

For the last few months I have been suffering with the MAC brand in Lasting Lust but in comparison, it sucks. I do still wear Constantly Coral, but it's not as remarkable. I so also like Bare Maximum for a more neutral shade, but I think they may have discontinued that colour, too. The next option is Endless Spice, which I find too brown for me.

This product is absolutely the bomb. I still love it the best, but Revlon has to get hip with the shades and give us glam-loving girls our sexy red pouts back!

Muah!

Available at all leading drugstores (just not in the colour I want). $14 CAD

$$
***** (still a five star product despite the colour issue).

No comments:

Post a Comment