Thursday, December 30, 2010

Gold Stone = Go There Stoned

I eat at Gold Stone, when I've partied too hard to make it to King Noodle. Gold Stone is open super late and perfect for loading up on your MSG with your GHB or MDMA or whatever else you or your friends have popped that night.

Perhaps I'm not being fair. It is entirely possible that I resent the cheaply upholstered booths and I secretly long for the cramped communal dining tables of King Noodle. Or maybe it's just the grease; I find this place to be super greasy, to the point that no matter what I order, it comes with grease.
Spring Rolls are fat and covered in hot oil. Shrimp and Eggplant stir Fry is gloopy and over starched. Won ton soup is, again... greasy.

For the price, this place also seems to be more expensive than it's late night competition. I've never spent less than $30 here and I'm not sure where it all goes because when I arrive home, I have no foam take out container sleeping beside me. Admittedly, there are worse things to wake up next to. Okay... perhaps I'm never in the most critical or even sober state of mind when I come to Gold Stone. It does serve the purpose of getting some late night Chinese into you. It's kinda the Mc Donalds of Chinatown, complete with French Fries on the menu.

In it's defense, the service is usually efficient and speedy and the place looks pretty clean.

R.I.P Mr. Pong's

$$
**
  • (416) 596-9053
  • 266 Spadina Avenue Toronto, ON M5T 2E4

No comments:

Post a Comment