Friday, December 31, 2010

Jenny's Lust

Okay, it's Lolita's Lust and we all shared a bunch of things for dinner, but the standout dish was the Crespelle Lemon Scented Crepes Filled With Feta & Spinach Topped With Basil Rose Sauce. So utterly perfect was this dish that I couldn't even snap a photo before it was eaten. It's been a long time since something at a restaurant made me so happy.
I've eaten at Lolita's Lust before and been quite satisfied with my meal. However, I've usually eschewed the vegetarian offerings in favour of their Osso Bucco or the delicious Lamb Shank. After piling all the shared food on my plate and biting into the Crespelle, I was in rapture. The spinach was cooked to perfection and the addition of Feta instead of the usually bland ricotta was a stellar trip for the senses. All of this was blanketed in a silky tomato cream sauce that sent us all straight to heaven. We actually ordered another and I would have licked the plate if I could have.

Service was fabulous and also incredible was the featured entree of Ostrich Tenderloin. Ruby- rare strips of lean ostrich meat accompanied by earthy cocoa sauce. Simply fantastic!

$$$
****

513 Danforth Ave
Toronto
416.465.1751

No comments:

Post a Comment